The Segue Program™
Segue Recovery Support is a holistic approach to aftercare. Each client in the program works with a designated Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist who helps the client and their family navigate their initial 12 months of sobriety through a structured process of support, accountability, guidance and education.
The first year of sobriety can often be a very challenging time. Segue Peer Recovery Support Specialists are trained to understand relapse behaviors long before physical substance use takes place. Through family engagement and recovery coaching, Segue specialists can help identify the risk of a relapse and intervene before one occurs. Segue also provides a vital role in helping family members rebuild trust with their loved one.
The Segue Flyer
There are five key tenets of Segue Recovery Support:
- Drug testing
- Alcohol testing
- 12-Step meeting attendance
- Assistance with education, healthcare, legal and occupational issues
- Peer recovery support and guidance
- 12-Step mentoring
- Identifying relapse behaviors
- Early intervention before physical relapse occurs
- Family coaching
- Guidance to avoid enabling
- Rebuilding family trust through verifiable actions
Phases of Segue Recovery Support
Segue I: Introduction
The Peer Recovery Support Specialist:
- Reviews continuing care plan before the client’s discharge from BRC Recovery or primary treatment program.
- Identifies local resources in the client’s community, including 12-Step meetings, therapists and legal assistance.
- Secures appointments with community resources.
- Assists in contacting important contacts.
Segue II: Transition – Months 1-3
In this phase, the Peer Recovery Support Specialist:
- Introduces client to sober living.
- Prioritizes immediate needs related to personal issues, events and important relationships.
- Identifies the client’s recovery network.
- Assists with family and support system integration.
Segue III: Stabilization – Months 4-6
The Peer Recovery Support Specialist works to:
- Conduct a formal review of the client’s progress to date.
- Provide ongoing relapse prevention monitoring through accountability training.
- Implement a personal development plan that addresses emotional and behavioral needs; social and recreational needs; financial, employment and educational status; and relationships and spirituality.
Segue IV: Acclimation – Months 7-12
In the final phase, the Peer Recovery Support Specialist:
- Reviews the client’s personal development plan, modifying as appropriate.
- Helps the client prioritize and set attainable, measurable goals.
- Addresses any unresolved medical and legal issues or other problems.
- Provides personal finance assistant and/or a credit counseling referral.
Navigate Sobriety With Confidence
Segue Recovery offers a range of recovery support services. Whether it is providing sober transportation, performing a relapse intervention or serving as an advocate for your recovery, our credentialed and experienced staff members can connect you with the ancillary services that are so vital in the early stages of recovery.
For more information about our Aftercare Monitoring and Case Management Program, please contact a BRC Recovery Family of Programs Admissions Specialist at 1-833-485-0789.